Under general supervision of the Senior Director, Administration and Operations, primary responsibilities will be to assist in various projects simultaneously including processing the Walnut Certificates, projects related to recruitment, employment process, greet visitors, answer multi-phone lines, direct calls, take messages, and other day-to-day business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all accounting data entry and verification of Walnut Certificates.
- Heavy data entry, filing, and reporting using excel.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Answer multi-phone lines and assist callers with inquiries or route calls to appropriate personnel.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and direct visitors to appropriate person.
- Composes and types routine correspondence, and reports.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Maintains weekly schedules for office break room duties and maintains orderliness of the conference room at all times.
- Maintains supply room and public areas.
- Assists with recruitment initiatives, sourcing and screen candidates, pre-employment process, and applicant communication.
- Assists with coordinating employee orientation, preparing on-boarding documents, create and audit new employee files.
- Provides administrative support and data entry with day-to-day business operations
- Maintain and create confidential personnel files.
- Research and collect sensitive data for various HR initiatives
- Copy/fax/scan documents as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Human Resources.
- 1 year of work experience (This can include internships).
- Knowledge of Agriculture and/or Food Manufacturing.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Highly energetic, resourceful, and creative problem solver.
- Operates well under pressure and deadlines.
- Flexible and comfortable with changing priorities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, including managing spreadsheets (formulas, formatting, etc.) and generating Word documents that include tables and images.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Phone skills, interviewing skills, employment law, results driven.
Position is temporary and scheduled to end December 11, 2020.