To perform technical and professional accounting functions in the analysis, interpretation, recording and reporting of the Agency's financial transactions.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: preparing weekly check runs for various Federal programs (Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing, Shelter Plus Care, TLCS, etc.), reconciling accounts, funds, and projects, updating the fixed asset system, assisting accountants as needed, processing accounts payable claims, and processing payroll and tax deposits and preparing various state and federal reporting.
- AA degree plus 2 years related experience preferred or High School Diploma/GED
- 4 years related experience in clerical accounting, accounting principles, data processing, and financial record keeping.
- Examine financial documents, data or transactions to determine reasonableness and accuracy
- Conduct general to complex research, as needed (i.e. taxability of benefits, litigation, reconciliation, customer service)
- Draft and implement accounting procedures
- Prepare entries for correcting journals and first-of-year journals
- Enter new fixed assets into the IFAS system (interest and fees)
- Reconcile accounts, funds and/or projects
- Assist accountants as needed and provide guidance to other staff in accountants' absence
- Prepare and respond to correspondence and other inquiries
- Enter and update journal entries and other data in IFAS system
- Test, utilize, update and implement new and existing software
- Process accounts payable claims
- Provide external and internal customer service
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of internal operations and financial audits Provide customer support and service
- Prepare 1099s at year's end
- Prepare HUD budgets and requisitions
- Conduct internal auditing of Section 8 program (includes developing and implementing audit program)
- Access HUD regulations, interpret and implement
- Provide Section 8 lease updates and revenue projections to management
- Communicate with HUD and other PHAs regarding Section 8 finance issues
- Set up all loans for servicing
- Generate purchase orders and create purchase requisition numbers
- Sign off and mail pay-off quotations
- Mail 1098 report at year-end
- Update and maintain check management and fixed asset systems
- Monitor and track cash flow for cash management forecasting
- Transfer funds to and from City Treasurer/Bank
- Update, maintain and create CAFR (SHRA Financial Statement)
- Reconcile bank statement to General Ledger
- Reconcile and post fixed assets
- Create fixed asset and cash and investment audit work papers
- Update and maintain cash fund and GFAAG fund
- Create and generate various cash analysis reports
- Create CDBG Draw down Requests
- Allocate interest income and fees to the different funds
- Establish and maintain petty cash funds
- Communicate with City Treasurer and bank personnel as needed
- Process payroll, including gross pay adjustments
- Prepare various payroll reports
- Make tax deposits
- Process and distribute payroll liabilities (AIP)
- Serve as backup to primary staff
OTHER DUTIES: All employees may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time. An employee with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty being added is an essential function of the position, or can be carried out with reasonable accommodation.
Every employee is expected to participate in discussions of individual, department and Agency performance and work on problem-solving teams as assigned. Any employee serving on a problem-solving team may be asked to carry out the role of team leader
Any person driving for Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency must maintain a valid driver's license on his/her person, and demonstrate compliance with the motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.