Sacramento Republic FC’s Video Department is looking for an intern to work with the production team. The individual in this position will gain hands-on experience capturing game and community footage, while also learning how to tell a powerful story through video editing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Help sustain and guide the creative process, assisting the Videographer and/or Director of Video Production executing projects from conception through completion
- Provide review and edit assistance on all captured footage
- Organize and log current and archived game footage
- Gather assets for larger projects
- Transcribe interviews
- Assist on shoots as a Production Assistant
- Minimal camera and audio recorders operation
- Operate and monitor GoPro cameras
- Edit small projects (community, recaps, EPKs, etc.)
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Such other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned to you from time to time
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere (Photoshop and After Effects are a plus)
- Camera experience (at minimum DSLR experience)
- Video editing experience
- Understanding of audio recording
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires standing; ability to lift and carry equipment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Intern must provide own laptop (Adobe Suite a plus, but we can accommodate!)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud, depending on the event as well as the location.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.