We are looking for Assurance Staff to join us in our beautiful San Francisco and San Jose offices.
Working under the direct supervision of a Senior or Supervisor, assurance associates will perform basic audit assignments and meet billable hour requirements.
- Become familiar with Firm’s procedures, forms and software
- Prepare workpapers following the Firm’s quality and control policies and procedures
- Execute audit assignments in various areas including, but not limited to, cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, and expense analysis
- Become proficient with firm software including Engagement, Excel, Word, IDEA, and GoFileRoom
- Responsible for monitoring actual time versus budgeted time for areas of responsibility
- Work and communicate with clients
- Keep current on professional pronouncements
- Timely communication to all members of engagement team and appropriate client personnel
- Basic technology skills and willingness to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well within a team
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Professionally hungry with a bright mind and great energy
Education, Knowledge, Training and Experience
- BBA/BS/MS in Accounting
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam
- Entry level position
- 150+ college units required
Time will be spent in the field at client sites, primarily within the Bay Area. Approximately 15 – 20% of travel may be outside of the Bay Area.
To begin your career in Public Accounting, please submit your resume to: NorCalCareers@marcumllp.com. In the email subject line, please use Assurance Staff and specify your preferred office location (San Francisco or San Jose).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.