The Accountant will be responsible for employing accounting principles, practices and procedures to support accurate and timely financial reporting. As such, this position will assist Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Senior Accountant and Controller with all accounting duties.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger reconciliations, financial reporting, cost-accounting analysis, Accounts Payable support, Accounts Receivable support, year-end audit preparation and reporting requirements. The Accountant will report to the Controller and have direct contact with key personnel at all staff levels, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Direct Supervisor: Controller
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for internal and external reporting
- Assists with annual external financial review and tax return work papers
- Assists with sales tax compliance
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
This list represents the essential job duties, responsibilities and personal characteristics need to successfully execute the work required by the position. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list and management may at any time ask the employee to execute duties and responsibilities needed by the firm, but not list above.
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
- Works in an office environment where temperatures are comfortable and noise level is low to moderate.
Equipment Used: (List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
- Use of various office machines, such as computers, scanners, faxes, printers, etc.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV or equivalent desired
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables. Ability to quickly and efficiently learn and operate additional work-related software
- This list represents the essential job duties, responsibilities and personal characteristics need to successfully execute the work required by the position. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list and management may at any time ask the employee to execute duties and responsibilities needed by the firm, but not list above.
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by employee. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required by all employees. Employees may perform other duties assigned. In addition to above, all Company employees are expected to:
- promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed work area and practice good safety habits
- provide customers with highest quality experience
- understand and follow standards and rules of the Employee Handbook