The Tax Intern will assist in the compliance reporting for the Corporate Tax Department. Responsibilities will include preparation of tax projects and interactions with various department manager/supervisors and various external agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparation of Corporate and Shareholder tax returns, estimates and extensions
- Types of returns include corporate S-Corp, partnership, L.L.C., individual, and trust
- Assist in information gathering for all federal and state audits under the directions of the Tax Manager
- Researches new and existing tax law for current issue and tax planning
- Develops written internal and tax process and method memos for files
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Working towards or possess a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in tax, accounting, general business, or related field from four-year college or university; and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Requires strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to deal with intercompany personnel and outside agencies in a professional manner. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers, and vendors.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various standard office machines and equipment necessary to complete duties. Must be able to operate a 10-key and enter data by touch. Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Working knowledge of SAP software system preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses: NA