The Sales Assistant is a key member of the sales staff and assists in ensuring the business is running smoothly through supporting the sales and management staff. The Sales Assistant must stay focused with a goal-oriented attitude. Must be self sufficient in their own tasks while maintaining a team oriented attitude.
- Assist the sales staff in completing sales.
- Assist the management team in running and maintaining reports including but not limited to stock status, open order, clearance products.
- Unbox and set up new product on the sales floor in a presentable manner, must be able to occasionally carry up to 100 lbs.
- Maintain list of clearance items, including prices, quantity, defects (if any), and age.
- Post clearance merchandise on online marketplaces including Facebook Marketplace, or Craigslist.
- Assist manager in duties pertaining to the company’s website including ensuring closeout list, featured items, and any other items are up to date.
- Assist in maintaining company’s social media and digital marketing, including creating ads and/or content to be ran on partner apps or the company’s social media.
- Learn office and reception duties to back them up in case of vacation or illness.
- Maintain company’s information on Google, including holiday hours, products, etc.
- Back up sales staff when the showroom is busy, usually Saturdays or the occasional phone call during the week.
- Help keep showroom clean and presentable.
- Maintain intermediate to expert knowledge of product (appliances, plumbing)
- Send spec sheets to customers and go over the measurements to ensure clarity.
- Enter installation leads into sales portals.
- Any other job duties given by the management staff.
Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs and other contemporary software.
Knowledge of the following would be a strong asset: Basic understanding of SEO, SEM, Social Media, Email Marketing, and engagement measurement tools such as Google Analytics. Basic graphic design, videography and photography skills a plus.
The position starts at $17.00 plus potential for commissions once fully trained
This is a perfect position for undergrads in business to learn how to work in a real world enterprise.
Able to work with School schedules
$17 per hour to start with commissions available after probationary period has been completed