Woodruff Sawyer is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to play a meaningful role in our cash operations. The Accounts Receivable Clerks are responsible for all deposits, client refunds, helping clients secure credit, and managing commissions paid directly by insurance carriers.
What You Will Do:
- Supervise bank accounts for EFTs, lockbox deposits, and run the internal check log.
- Apply client and carrier payments to open receivables
- Work with internal teams and our lending partners to secure credit for clients who finance insurance premiums.
- Use intermediate Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) to run the data in crucial processes.
- Alert teams of issues that will delay a client refund.
- Work with carriers to collect statements for directly billed commissions.
Who You Are:
- You excel at establishing and maintain professional verbal, written and graphical communication with internal clients and colleagues.
- You demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and understanding of when to raise more sophisticated issues to management.
- You focus on your attention to detail, resourcefulness, time management, understand urgency, and work in an environment with contending priorities.
- You have 0-3 years of proven ability
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or related experience
- You have Strong accounting skills and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- You have outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Why Work Here:
- We have a solid reputation in our industry
- We are a thriving company with roots dating back over 100 years
- We are employee-owned and independently run
- Our people are great at what they do, committed to getting things right and are generally fun to be around
- We are a great place to grow a career because we have a long track record and a demonstrable growth trajectory
- We offer the ability to have an ownership position in the company through our ESOP program
- Competitive pay and benefits
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).