Woodruff Sawyer is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to play a meaningful role in ensuring timely and accurate payments of premiums to external vendors. This individual accomplishes this by ensuring premiums are paid on time, account for and clear premiums returned by vendors, and alert our operational billing partners when vendor statements do not cooperate with internally approved documents.
What You Will Do:
- Supervise company payment terms and process premium payables and invoices to internal and external clients.
- Process daily payments including FedWire, ACH and check payments.
- Work with internal teams to resolve overdue premiums payments and cancellation notices.
- Monitor commission differences and call out to appropriate business partner.
- Use Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) to handle the data in essential processes.
Who You Are:
- You excel at establishing and maintain professional verbal, written and graphical communication with internal clients and colleagues.
- You demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and understanding of when to raise more sophisticated issues to management.
- You focus on your attention to detail, resourcefulness, time management, understand urgency, and work in an environment with contending priorities.
- You have 0-3 years of proven ability
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or related experience
- You have Strong accounting skills and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- You have outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Why Work Here:
- We have a solid reputation in our industry
- We are a thriving company with roots dating back over 100 years
- We are employee-owned and independently run
- Our people are great at what they do, committed to getting things right and are generally fun to be around
- We are a great place to grow a career because we have a long track record and a demonstrable growth trajectory
- We offer the ability to have an ownership position in the company through our ESOP program
- Competitive pay and benefits
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).