Pacific Coast Companies, Inc. is a dedicated team of professionals that provide a comprehensive range of business services and support to the Pacific Coast Building Products family of companies and their customers.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible in performing a variety of technical and customer service work and helping users in problem resolution. Serves as a key contact for on-site and remote users for pc and application system problems and/or inquiries. Performs other duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction and supervision of the Technical Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Replies to users’ requests for information and assists in problem resolution; maintains contact with users on operational and production problems.
- Serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Replies to customer concerns about company policies and practices; refers complaints to appropriate department for investigation and resolution; follows up with department to ensure that complaints have been resolved.
- Recognizes and initiates solutions to user problems and concerns associated with all IT applications, computer equipment, hardware and software to user's satisfaction.
- Assists in coordinating the resolution of applications/software systems problems impacting program use; helps systems and programming personnel to understand user concerns, issues and problems.
- Logs problems, complaints and service requests; documents and keeps up history records.
- Furnishes instructions to resolve application problems.
- Approaches and resolves a variety of operations/production problems requiring judgment within generally defined policies and procedures.
- Performs quality checks and distributes reports.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology and applies up-to-date techniques when implementing computing solutions.
- Provides backup support for related positions as needed.
- May serve as a member of various employee committees.
- Encourages customers to buy or try new, enhanced or additional products or services.
- Composes technology related documentation on general how-to’s for team members and end users.
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government regulatory agencies and ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Records events and problems and their resolution in logs.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to communicate effectively. n Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. n Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. n Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and/or customers/vendors.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. n Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. n Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: General PC proficiency, Phone skills, operating systems and troubleshooting/problem solving skills. n General Windows support knowledge.
- Miscellaneous Qualifications: NA
- Supervisory Responsibilities: NA
- Certificates/Licenses: IT certifications (CompTIA A+or Network +) desired but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel n Reach with hands and arms n Talk, listen and detecting sounds n Stand, walk and sit.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist n Lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Regular attendance and ability to work varying shifts are required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with moderate noise.
We offer unlimited potential for motivated professionals, great compensation, and full benefits including:
- Profit Sharing Retirement plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing and maintaining a drug free work place.
Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc. (PCBP) was started by Fred Anderson, who opened the doors to Anderson Lumber Company in Sacramento, California in 1953. Throughout the years, PCBP has grown exponentially, but one thing has remained the same: we are still a family-owned company with the same set of high standards implemented by Fred all those years ago.
Our companies’ ‘house’ logo was designed years ago with the sides not touching. The slight separations signify that our companies are never complete, but always evolving, open to new products, innovations, and ideas.