Come join the world's largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. We want to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world's energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Accounting, the Project Accountant will provide accounting and job-costing support to project managers and other operations managers. Responsibilities will include working with project managers and customer contacts to invoice for work performed, provide reporting and documentation by customer contracts and local law, resolve cost questions, monthly forecasting, accounting tasks and reporting by contracts and management.
This is a great opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewables industry performing different tasks across many business aspects including renewables development, construction, and asset management. You will be in the middle of many challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. The above is not all inclusive. We are searching for someone who is ready to expand their accounting skills.
- Develop budgets, job set up, change orders.
- Develop Schedule of Values & Pay Application with Project Managers.
- Conduct final job audits.
- AR reporting and collection.
- Manage lien waivers and bond process.
- Ensure prevailing wage is processed correctly with required reporting.
- Job cost review and reclassification.
- Earned Value Analysis.
- Historical Cost Tracking and Database.
- Administer sales tax processes relevant to assigned projects.
- ETC processing.
- Monthly forecasting.
- Assist team in process documentation.
- Contract and subcontractor management.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel including the use of pivot tables.
- Experience with SAGE software, ERP or Reporting Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, or Business-related field.
- 3 or more years of experience in accounting, finance, project controls, or project management.
- 2 or more years of experience in construction.
- Experience with Earned Value Analysis.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics are representative of those you encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform sedentary office tasks with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. You may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be asked to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. You must pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
Anticipated base salary range: $25 - $32 per hour.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. You will be bonus eligible.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.