IF YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT KIDS OR THE SPORT OF SWIMMING, YOU’RE AT THE RIGHT PLACE.
At SafeSplash, we believe swimming is a life skill®. Therefore, we approach each one of our swim lessons with great skill, passion and individual attention. Our curriculum has been developed by a team of world-class swimmers with over 30 years of teaching experience. We have the most up-to-date swimming technique to teach students how to swim the correct way right from the beginning! In addition to teaching water safety to every swimmer, our goal is to teach confidence in the water that will translate to all parts of your swimmer's life.
Love working with kids? Want to wear your flip-flops to work? Want to join the fastest growing swim school brand family in the nation? Then we want YOU! We are actively recruiting professional individuals who will help us uphold the best customer experience as possible at our schools across the nation. Join our swim family that gets to enable a lifetime of water safety and opportunity by teaching the joy and skill of swimming! We are invested in helping you be the best you can be in and out of the water!
Swim Instructor Job Description
Reports to: Aquatics Supervisor/Assistant General Manager
Description: SafeSplash® Swim Instructors are responsible for upholding and teaching in accordance to the SafeSplash® Swim School teaching certification and curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- The main focus of a swim instructor is to teach swimming skills in accordance with SafeSplash® curriculum in a fun, positive manner.
- Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and customers on their swimming efforts.
- Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement, and introduction of required skills.
- Ensure swimmer safety.
- Maintain proper equipment and time organization to ensure timely class start times.
- Provide Deck Supervisor with class information (ribbons, student changes, etc) to keep proper class organization.
- Provide customers with monthly, individualized feedback on swimmers during Splash ‘N Tell week.
- Maintain proper SafeSplash® uniform standards outlined in employee handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Special consideration given to instructors with experience teaching swimmers age 6 months to 10 years and Special Needs.
- Training in the SafeSplash® curriculum will be provided.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds in weight.
Hours: 3-30 hours per week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skills
Benefits/Perks (may vary by location):
- Great Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Work/Life Balance