Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
Sactown Sports is looking for on-air talent to join our team in middays. Talent must deliver remarkable content in an interesting, compelling and entertaining style that attracts the targeted audience, building ratings and digital users. Talent will be charged with creating exclusive content and regularly contributing to the various digital platforms including, but not limited to regular blogs, podcasts and/or videos, online listener chats and use of other social media platforms in addition to emerging digital technologies. Talent must perform all responsibilities in a professional manner consistent with Bonneville Sacramento formats, policies, procedures, FCC rules and regulations and the Company’s Core Values and Mission.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Sacramento site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver an informative, entertaining, and engaging on-air presentation that connects with the target audience, keeping up-to-date and in-tune with local and national topics and trends
- Participate in promotional appearances and maintain a strong listenership.
- Contribute to the Company’s digital initiative (blogs, podcasts, online listener chats, videos, etc.)
- Prepare and deliver performances including the recording, editing and playback of telephone calls, the preparation of recorded “bits” and other show elements and the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute to show/ideas
- Meet client needs by being available when needed, building a positive rapport; exhibiting a positive attitude; being knowledgeable about the station/company
- Plan, prepare, produce, and deliver content in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the standards of performance as established by the Program Director
- Understand and adhere to policies and FCC Rules and Regulations
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of three years on-air host experience; sports format preferred
- Have a strong understanding of how to be impactful in a PPM World
- Ability to build audience by connecting on a personal level with listeners/users and generating loyalty
- Ability to work independently at times, but also able to take direction from Management/Supervisors and be open to coaching
- Working knowledge of sports with the ability to create and deliver an entertainment and sports information program.
- Adept with guest interviews, callers, and in public hosting live events.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of passionate, excitable, and driven personalities.
- Ability to integrate programming content on a variety of new media platforms including the internet, text messaging and other newly developed technologies. Word processing and computer skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast and concise manner under pressure. Demonstrated ability to present live and ad-lib unscripted content with continuity, meaning and clarity.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Understand station’s brand promise and work in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
$64,500 - $90,000 annually. Salary will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
This role is eligible to earn quarterly bonuses based on performance and hitting established metrics.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BonSacramento/job/Sacramento/On-Air-Talent---Sactown-Sports_R5414