Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
Mix 96 is seeking a part-time On-air Talent for weekends and fill-ins. Qualified candidates must be able to connect with an adult audience, showcase digital engagement with their fans, and have strong knowledge of being a personality in a PPM Universe.
The right candidate must deliver remarkable content in an interesting, compelling and entertaining style that attracts the targeted audience, building ratings and digital users. You must able to perform all responsibilities in a professional manner consistent with Bonneville Sacramento formats, policies, procedures, FCC rules and regulations and the Company’s Core Values and Mission.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is designated as a remote role. Employee may work from home but will be required to work from a state where Bonneville is an established business.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver an informative, entertaining and engaging on-air presentation that connects with the adult audiences
- Participate in promotional appearances and maintain a strong listenership.
- Contribute to our digital initiatives (social media posts, engagement, daily videos, etc.)
- Prepare and deliver performances including the recording, editing and playback of telephone calls, the preparation of recorded “bits” and other show elements and the operation of studio equipment.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute to show/ideas
- Meet client needs by being available when needed, building a positive rapport; exhibiting a positive attitude; being knowledgeable about the station/company
- Plan, prepare, produce and deliver content in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the standards of performance as established by the Program Director
- Understand and adhere to policies and FCC Rules and Regulations
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- 3-5 years on-air host experience preferred
- Have a strong understanding of how to be impactful in a PPM World
- Should be a great storyteller who is willing to share life experiences and build audience by connecting on a personal level with listeners and generating loyalty
- Ability to creatively sell KYMX, its music, artists, and promotions
- Ability to work independently, but also able to take direction from Management/Supervisors and be open to coaching
- Keep up-to-date and in-tune with local and national topics and trends
- Ability to integrate programming content on a variety of new media platforms including the internet, text messaging and other newly developed technologies. Word processing and computer skills required.
- Understand the positive implications social media has on the growth of the show; strong writing and blogging skills preferred
- Knowledge of FCC rules
- Ability to run broadcast facility board and operate EAS hardware
- Ability to work in a fast and concise manner under pressure. Demonstrated ability to present live and ad-lib unscripted content with continuity, meaning and clarity.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Understand station’s brand promise and work in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
$15.50 – $30.00 per hour Hourly rate will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.