To perform a variety of duties related to assisting with programs at assigned child care facilities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with program activities such as sports, games, special events, arts and crafts, drama, and social activities.
- Maintain positive student and parent relationships.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly classroom environment.
- Notify appropriate staff of any problems with regard to site maintenance, children and parents and make recommendations as necessary.
- Promote and enforce safety procedures including proper use of playground equipment; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
- Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; walk to supervise children; stand for long periods of time; interpret, understand and follow policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
- Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; participate with children on field trips, perform exercises with children; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
- Supervise children on playground.
- Establish positive and professional relationships with children, co-workers and parents.
- Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
- Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
- Learn to identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Communicate tactfully with customers.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.