Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
The Show Producer will assist in producing entertaining and compelling programming that informs, engages, and entertains sports fans on broadcast, digital, and social platforms for Sactown Sports.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Sacramento office location.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Find, evaluate, and research sports stories daily and pitch ideas
- Find and book guests and manage show contacts
- Execute producing live and local content via on-air and digital platforms
- Understand and adhere to FCC policies, rules and regulations
- Help administer contests and answer listener phone calls, including screening listener calls for live shows
- Provide topical background research, analyze and anticipate news, culture and entertainment trends
- Help frame, develop and manage host(s) ideas and opinions in a way that enhances on-air product
- Produce, edit, upload and distribute daily show podcasts
- Maintain and monitor Station’s live YouTube streams
- Provide on-air commentary as needed
- Running the control board
- Arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to program and commercial logs following all applicable laws and FCC regulations.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- 1-3 years talk show producer experience or equivalent
- Experience analyzing audience data and identifying behavioral trends
- Strong knowledge of local sports teams, preferably Sacramento Kings, San Francisco 49ers and Giants
- Passion and vision for emerging media
- Strong working knowledge of the audio equipment necessary for on-air broadcasts
- Knowledge of studio equipment and transmitter remote control operation
- Experience with Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- Experience booking show guests
- Ability to be coached and willingness to grow within the role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capable of managing multiple projects and teams on an on-going basis
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Able to tailor programming content for a variety of platforms
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level
- Strong understanding of the current digital and social media landscape, including creating content for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other platforms, best practices, success metrics and emerging platforms
- Experience conducting live interviews
- Experience with Zetta and Wide Orbit
- Design, photo, and video editing skills
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
$17.00 – $23.00 per hour
Compensation will be determined by an evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal and external benchmarks.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://admin.sourcingpro.io/apply/78853/474719/