Are you a college student in pursuit of a role where you will have the opportunity to gain real life accounting and technical experience and get your foot in the door with the State of California?
If so, the Student Assistant Opening within the Fiscal Systems and Consulting Unit (FSCU) at the Department of Finance, may be the perfect fit for you!
Title: Student Assistant
Company: The State of California, Department of Finance
Unit: Fiscal Systems and Consulting (FSCU)
Application Link: (Please Note, only applications submitted at this link will be considered)
- Perform accounting and technical functions, including but not limited to:
- Perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger transactions in the Financial Information System for California (FI$Cal) System.
- Assist with month-end reports, reconciliations, and preparation of year-end financial reports.
- Maintain accounting records.
- Review, analyze, and prepare updates to statewide policy manuals and internal unit procedures.
- Assist in developing and coordinating FSCU training courses and training materials.
- Develop knowledge of and perform the less complex functions related to the assignments of the unit.
- Participate in analytical studies and improvement projects requiring knowledge of accounting and fiscal principles and practices.
- Provide assistance to other FSCU staff, as needed.
- Must be fully enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, or a comparable field. Knowledge of elementary accounting principles and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Essential personal qualifications include integrity, initiative, dependability, and good judgment. Ability to work as part of a team and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
Required Application Elements
(Make sure to attach these items to your CalCareers Application - Link Provided Above)
- School Transcripts
- References - Three references including name, relationship, and telephone number.
- Statement of Interest - A one-page statement of interest outlining why you are interested in a student assistant position with the Department of Finance.
For any questions or additional information on this or any of our other openings, please reach out to the Department of Finance Recruiting Team @ DOFRecruiting@dof.ca.gov!